Last weekend I got the chance to host a skirmish game for two of my old gaming buddies MT and DG. It was a while since MT had played and an eon since DG had, so I threw together a skirmish scenario which would not take too long to get through in an afternoon.
The rules we used are a kind of meshing together of all of the Warhammer 40K and Necromunda rules from over the years (with the exception of anything from 6th Ed which I haven’t been bothered to read yet). It’s primarily based on 5th Ed, but the models were moving around and getting pinned (not the orks) and stunned and injured in a sort of Necromunda meets Blood Bowl fashion. Cover is handled in a cityfight sort of way…hell its too complex to explain here but it makes sense to us so it’s perfect for this stuff.
Enough waffle, on with the show!
Skirmish at the Old Heinrick Place
An important imperial officer carrying vital information for operations against the ork incursions on Salvan IV has had to eject from his transport aircraft after it was shot down by ork fighta bombaz. Having sucessfully ejected from the aircraft by grav-chute and has mis-landed near an old farm at the edge of the ruins of the town. He managed to get off a distress signal alerting his unit to his approximate location before presumably the signal was disabled in the mis-landing, currently he is presumed dead or unconscious. The Imperials are seeking to recover their officer and/or the information he is carrying. The Ork aircraft have relayed the approximate location of the downed pilot to the warboss who has ordered the closest ork formation to get over there and bring this downed pilot back for interrogation.
As the closest Imperial Guard Patrol Squad in the area you have been ordered to commence search and rescue operations at sector 043A342D. Luckily enough the squad medic is in the field which is fortunate as the downed VIP likely requires medical attention. The medic is equiped with a bio-scanner and will assist in location of the VIP. In the event that the individual is deceased any data cubes carried are to be retrieved and returned to base.
Imperial Guard Tactical Rescue Section
++++++++++WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Guard 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 5+
Sargent 3 3 3 3 1 3 2 8 5+
Officer 4 4 3 3 2 4 3 5 4+/5+
Medic 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 4+
- 9 Guardsmen – lasgun, frag grenades, close combat weapon
- 1 Sargent – laspistol, frag grenades, close combat weapon, bio scanner
- Medic – laspistol, frag grenades, close combat weapon, medikit
- 1 Officer – plasma pistol, frag grenades, close combat weapon
- The Officer is deployed by secret deployment by the GM before the game and is not available to the Imperial player until discovered by bio scanner or by a model moving within double the models initiave distance. As soon as the VIP Officer is discovered roll for his injury status: 1 – 5 Down, 6 Stunned and place on table, turn then continues as normal
- Bio Scanner – use in lieu of shooting. Put down a CD sized template to try to detect any life signs under the area
- Medikit – use in lieu of shooting, change a “down” model to “stunned” status
- Regimental Speciality. Pick one skill and apply to the force:
- Move through cover – roll 3D6 when moving through cover
- Fleet of foot – roll 2D6 when running
- Marksmen – re-roll any miss that occurs on a 1
- Camoflage – +1 to cover saves
- Furious charge: +1 Strength and +1 Initiave on the charge
- Deploy on the corner of map opposite the Orks
- Ork Down or Killed: 1 VP (6)
- Ork Boss Down or Killed: 3 VP (3)
- Imperial Officer rescued: 5 VP (3)
- Imperial Data retrieved: 3 VP (5)
Da big boss sez dat da Snaggitz Flyboyz crumped a ‘ooman flyboy but dat he went down sumwhere near dat old farm on de edge of dem ruinz so we az to bring back da body so dat da boss can ave a looksie fer any loot on im. Try not ter break im before da bad dok gets a go at talkin to im or da boss will give yer a taste of boot!
++++++++++WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Ork 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 6+
Nob 4 2 4 4 1 3 3 8 6+
Furious charge (+1 Strenght, +1 Initiave)
- 5 Ork boyz with Shootas
- 1 Ork Boy with Big Shoota
- 1 Ork Nob with Power Klaw and Slugga
Deploy on the corner of map opposite the Imperial Guard
- Imperial Guardsman Down or Kiled: 1 VP (10)
- Medic Down or Killed 1 VP (1)
- Imperial Officer Down or Killed: 3 VP (3)
- Imperial Officer’s body retrieved: 3 VP (3)
DG 6 VP’s
MT 17 VP’s
So well done to MT, DG will get his chance to get even this weekend when he gets the opportunity to rescue his officer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.